- The Tulsa Veterans Day Parade began at 11 a.m. Friday
- The parade is in its 98th year, with parades since 1919
- Organizers planned the parade on a Friday so schools could use it as a field trip and allow school bands to march
- The theme is "Generations of Service"
The honorees this year are:
- William "Bill" Grisez (WW II POW 82nd Airborne, Army Air Corps) Grand Marshall, age 94
- Gordon Coleman, (U.S. Navy Korea) Parade Chief of Staff;
- Mitch Reed (U.S. Army Vietnam 2 Purple Hearts & 1 Bronze Star) Parade Commander;
- Christina "Tina" Smith (U.S. Army Reserve Vietnam & Post Cold War era MSG Retired), Parade Adjutant.
Trending Now on FOX23
- Police: Florida woman swaps bar codes, buys electronics for $3.70 at Walmart
- Police investigate claims of sexual assault involving Bixby football team
- Gun store burglar crashes through strip mall
- Police: Teen killed in west Tulsa crash involving stolen car
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Veterans Day Parade kicks off in downtown Tulsa
Broken Arrow prepares for winter weather before the threat of snow or ice
Woman accused of intending to transfer HIV during Broken Arrow prostitution bust
Truck, train collide in west Tulsa
Tulsa police join search for suspects after Osage County chase