TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Ann Bell remembers her friendship with Leon Russell.
- Russell died at the age of 74.
- Bell and Russell were friends for 49 years.
A Tulsa woman is remembering Leon Russell after his death over the weekend.
Ann Bell toured with Russell for about 4 years in the 1970s,
Russell also lived with Bell and her late first husband when he first moved back to Tulsa. He lived with them several months while his mansion near the Tulsa Rose Garden was undergoing renovations.
She said they became friends in 1967. She was part of the group known as the Tulsa Sound.
According to Bell, Leon always stayed loyal to his Tulsa roots.
After his death, she says his legacy will live on and she'll never forget the impact he made on her life. She says he will never be forgotten worldwide, especially here in Tulsa.
Trending on FOX23
- Man shot, killed at Will Rogers airport
- Denver allows pot into bars, restaurants
- OBSI aids death investigation in Sapulpa
- Green Country could see record warm temps
- Special needs teen missing from Jenks
© 2018 Cox Media Group.