TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Tulsa teacher Teresa Danks has captured attention worldwide after turning to panhandling to raise money for classroom supplies.
- A family from Ohio says they want to donate to her cause during a Tulsa stop.
- They say they saw her story on a national news segment.
- Danks has raised thousands of dollars for her cause.
A Tulsa teacher’s act to get Oklahoma lawmakers’ attention has now been recognized worldwide.
“The panhandling teacher” is getting donations from places near and far after FOX23 broke the story that she was begging for money so that she could buy school supplies for her classroom.
On Monday, Tulsa teacher Teresa Danks met with a family from Ohio who believes in and wants to donate to her cause.
Trisha Bailey lives near Cincinnati and is an aspiring teacher. She says she saw our story on a national news segment and immediately contacted Danks.
Bailey says she believes in the message that Danks is trying to send.
Her family is visiting Oklahoma this week, so she asked Danks if they could meet in person.
FOX23 was there when they did. Bailey handed over $100 from her family to help with the cause.
As Danks headed to NYC for interviews, she told FOX23 that she is thinking about now setting up a foundation.
Her GoFundMe page now has more than $4,000.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Suspect arrested after Creek County officer-involved shooting
- WATCH: Michael Phelps races great white shark ... sort of
- Bush’s Baked Beans issues recall
- Tulsa girl honored by police officers and community leaders during battle with cancer dies
© 2018 Cox Media Group.