TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts
- Tulsa police are searching for three suspects who kidnapped and robbed a man.
- Police said the man thought he was buying a cellphone off Facebook Marketplace.
- Police say the victim did everything he could to stay safe during the transaction, including meeting them at a busy convenience store in daylight.
- Police said during the meeting, the suspects got in the victim’s car and immediately told him to drive or they would shoot him.
- The suspects held the victim at knife point and demanded he go to an ATM to withdraw money.
- Police said the suspects then jumped out of the victim’s car in a neighborhood near 5th and Lewis.
- Police advice people to “creep” on sellers if choosing to use Facebook Marketplace by looking at their friends, other pictures, etc.
- They also warn if the price on something is “too good to be true, then it probably is.”
- Police say convenience stores are good meeting areas, but a police station parking lot is the best.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.