TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Six Tulsa police officers from the Tulsa Incident Management Team will be deployed to Texas to help with relief efforts after Hurricane Harvey hit the state.
- The team will help with logistics operations for rescue efforts.
- They will also be on stand-by if Louisiana requests assistance as the tropical storm continues to drop rain in the area.
- The Broken Arrow Emergency Management director joined the team.
- The team was set to arrive in Katy, Texas, Monday, but flooding forced them to head to San Antonio instead.
- They will team up with other disaster response teams across the state to set up a warehouse to serve as a headquarters for first responders in the Houston area.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Houston suburbs evacuate as Harvey continues assault
- Green Country crews to assist in Harvey relief
- How you can help after Harvey hit Texas
- Family of 6 believed drowned in Harvey floodwaters
- Videos show moments tornadoes terrorized Texas in Harvey’s wake
© 2018 Cox Media Group.