TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- A Tulsa officer took a little girl to the school dance.
- 10-year-old Adrienne Burke asked Popsey Floyd to the dance after he helped her through some issues.
- She is being raised by her single mother of 4.
- WATCH FOX23 Sara Whaley's full report above.
Tulsa police officer Popsey Floyd made a little girl’s night when he took her to the school father-daughter dance.
10-year-old Adrienne Burke is being raised by her single mother, Katie Burke.
Her mother reached out to Floyd when she realized Adrienne was having some problems. Floyd said sometimes kids need extra guidance and it can help to hear the same advice from a different person.
Adrienne said he made her feel better and invited him to the school’s father-daughter dance.
Floyd told FOX23 experiences like his help change the image of police officer in the mind of those who might be afraid or intimidated.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Did Casey Anthony do it? Probably, but not on purpose, trial judge says
- Jenks football star, Texas signee arrested at school over alleged Xanax sales
- Thieves using new trick to lure victims at gas stations
- Tulsa child abuse suspects accused of taking off with victims during supervised visit
- Parent upset with kindergarten teacher who used Ouija board in class
© 2018 Cox Media Group.