by: Sara Whaley Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Tulsa police are investigating numerous homicides after bodies were discovered in recent weeks.
- They said 3 of the last 4 bodies found were homeless people.
- WATCH FOX23 Sara Whaley's full report above.
At least four bodies have been found in Tulsa in just the last couple of months, and police say all but one of those was a homeless person.
FOX23 reported on the following homicide investigations in Tulsa involving a discovered body:
- Amy Robertson: Found in a dumpster near 3rd and Utica on April 25
- Santiago Castillo: Found in an abandoned mobile home near Admiral and Darlington on April 30
- Darrin Wilson: Found on a trail near 11th and 129th East Avenue on June 8th
- An unidentified man found behind the Tulsa County Jail on June 16.
Investigators told FOX23 that they don’t believe someone is targeting the homeless community, but do think there is a lot of violence happening.
They said cases like these are hard to solve because some in the community won’t always speak up.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Michelle Carter guilty of involuntary manslaughter in boyfriend's suicide
- Body found behind Tulsa County jail
- French fries, other fried potatoes could lead to early death, research suggests
- 7 things to know about the rare total solar eclipse crossing the nation this August
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Tulsa police: 3 of 4 bodies found in recent weeks are homeless people
One person is dead after a hit and run
Police: Tulsa children found barricaded in rooms by rope, boards
Surveillance video shows suspected thieves in Catoosa business
Police arrest two accused of robbing Tulsa man with special needs