TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Reasor's at 51st and Harvard will close May 1.
- The former home of Osaka has been vacant next door for years.
- Hobby Lobby and Mardel also left vacant buildings when they moved into the former home of a Kmart.
Tulsa neighbors near 51st and Harvard are concerned about area businesses after Reasor’s announced the closure of a store there.
“This is a really busy intersection so I am surprised,” Danielle Wear said.
Reasor’s customers told FOX23 they were sad to hear the news the store will become one of the latest in the area to close when they shut down on May 1.
“It would be hard on the elderly folks who live around this area,” James Breshears said.
Neighbors said they hate to see yet another empty building near 51st and Harvard. Next door to Reasor’s is the vacant former home of the restaurant Osaka.
Trending now on FOX23.com
- As governor, Vice President Mike Pence used a private email account to conduct state business
- Man attempts to snatch baby from mother's arms at Walmart
- Reasor's employees told south Tulsa location will close
- Gov. Fallin signs Oklahoma REAL ID bill
- Drunken driver's mom jailed for laughing as fatal crash victim's family speaks in court
Hobby Lobby and Mardel also left vacant buildings nearby when they moved into the old Kmart building after it closed.
Some hope that the empty buildings will be brought back to life someday.
“I think it’s a great area. Hopefully they’ll come in and revitalize it,” Wear said.
Reasor’s officials said they chose to close the store because there are three recently remodeled location within a few miles of 51st and Harvard.
Tulsa police officer takes little girl to school dance
© 2017 Cox Media Group.