by: Preston Jones Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Police arrested Raela Baxter for possession of meth, child neglect and possession of paraphernalia
- A Tulsa mother says Baxter worked as a live-in nanny
- She was supposed to be watching a 3-year-old and picking up 5 other children
- The mother found her passed out in bed with a pipe next to her
- The 3-year-old was found asleep in the house; EMSA hospitalized him for treatment
A Tulsa nanny went to jail Tuesday after the mother of her charges found her passed out, possibly on meth.
Police say around 4:30 p.m., police were called about a possible child abduction. A mother said she found her live-in nanny passed out with her 3-year-old nowhere to be found.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Tulsa nanny accused of smoking meth on the job
- Police: Coweta incident no longer deemed abduction attempt
- BA police: Think twice before accusing drivers of faking handicaps to use designated spaces
- Tulsa police look for sharp-dressed suspect after car wash burglary
- Law enforcement finds explosive in vehicle near Sperry
The mother received a call from her older children's school, saying nobody picked them up. When she got home, the garage doors were open. With the 3-year-old missing, she called police.
Shortly after, she found the nanny asleep in her bed, allegedly with a glass pipe next to her.
Police found the 3-year-old after searching the house. EMSA took him to the hospital for treatment. Officers say they don't know how long the child was not supervised.
Police arrested the nanny, 27-year-old Raela Baxter after interviewing her with Child Crisis detectives. She faces complaints of possession of a controlled drug, child neglect, and possession of paraphernalia.
Police: Coweta incident no longer deemed abduction attempt
© 2017 Cox Media Group.