by: Sara Whaley Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Jordan Miller was arrested in the shooting death of Jamarko Ward.
- His sister says he is innocent.
- Police say they have evidence to prove Miller's guilt.
A murder suspect’s sister claims he is innocent, but Tulsa police are standing by the fact that they feel like they have the right guy.
FOX23 reported Tuesday that Jordan Miller was arrested after being named to the Tulsa’s Most Wanted list.
Prosecutors charged Miller in August for the March shooting death of Jamarko Ward at the Spot nightclub near Pine and Yale.
The affidavit filed in the case says that Ward and Miller were fighting over stolen drugs.
Ward reportedly hit Miller with a glass bottle, and that’s when the affidavit says Miller shot Ward.
Two others were shot as well. They survived.
Wednesday, Miller’s sister spoke out about his arrest.
She says that Jordan Miller would never kill anyone. She says her brother doesn’t carry weapons and that he doesn’t do any kind of drugs.
She says that police are just using witness testimony, going off hearsay.
Police say while the case isn’t “clear cut,” they feel they have the evidence to prove that Miller is guilty.
Court records show Miller was charged with possession of a stolen gun in July and he that he pled guilty to drug charges in 2015.
Miller’s sister says she will continue to fight for his innocence.
- Deadly new opioid found in Oklahoma
- Police search for suspect in south Tulsa double shooting
- Thursday night lights: High School Football Tonight
- Third Presidential Debate: What you missed
- Rain moves out, cooler air moves in
© 2017 Cox Media Group.