TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Louis Rooks says he was attacked in a road rage incident.
- He says he was able to get part of the suspect's plate number.
- An investigation is underway.
A local man says he was punched and lost two teeth in a road rage attack.
Louis Rooks says he was driving down Highway 75 Monday night when a man driving a dark colored Chevy Z-71 truck started tailgating him and flashing his lights.
Rooks says he believed it was friend who purchased a similar car, so he and the other driver pulled over near the Highway 11 on-ramp.
Rooks says he and the man exchanged words, and the man walked away.
Then, Rooks says he saw the man retrieve something from his car that looked like a roll of quarters. He says the man wrapped his fingers around it and preceded to punch him in the face.
Rooks says his attacker drove off, and he followed him for a short time to get his license plate number before driving himself to the hospital.
Police are investigating. Rooks says he only got a partial plate number.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Utah nurse settles over rough arrest caught on video
- Company will give non-smoking employees 6 extra days off
- Dairy Queen franchisee declares bankruptcy, Tulsa and Owasso locations close
- Oklahoma left lane law to go into effect Wednesday
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.