by: Greg Brown Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Police arrested Darren White Friday.
- White is accused of running over a dog with a truck and beating it to death with a baseball bat.
- White reportedly told police the move came after the dog killed his cat.
Police arrested a Tulsa man Friday after he allegedly killed a dog in retaliation for the death of his cat.
Officers say Darren White, 36, ran over a dog with his truck and then beat it with a baseball bat near Marion and Archer in north Tulsa Friday afternoon.
Witnesses say White went after a second dog in his truck and even tried to beat the dead dog again with the bat before he was stopped.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Tulsa man accused of killing dog to avenge pet cat's death
- Officer reportedly tackles OU quarterback Baker Mayfield during Fayetteville altercation
- Single mother's tax return Facebook post goes viral
- Police seek suspects after shooting at east Tulsa club
- Bartlesville resident files lawsuit to stop development, citing river pollution
Officers say they later found White in his front yard, digging a hole to bury his cat.
When they asked him what happened, officers say White told them two stray dogs killed his cat, so one of them “learned what a baseball bat was.”
Though the dog had a collar on it, police said they were unable to find the owner.
Officials Upset After Giraffe Live Stream Pulled From YouTube
© 2017 Cox Media Group.