TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa firefighters went door to door Thursday to homes near 56th and Utica to check on smoke detectors.
Earlier that day, a house fire killed one person in the neighborhood.
Officials want to make sure that everyone has a working smoke detector so that they can get enough warning to leave in the event of a fire.
FOX23 Tiffany Alaniz was at the scene of the house fire Thursday afternoon as firefighters worked to put out hot spots.
- Britain's ‘Canterbury cannibal' now living in U.S.
- Study says people would rather hang out with their dogs than friends
- Teen accused of killing acquaintance who sold him paprika instead of pot
- 2 more Carnival cruise ships fail health inspections
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.