TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Tulsa County deputies say they are having discussions about fair security after the mass shooting at a concert in Las Vegas.
- They say they have a full team of commanders, a Quick Response Team and deputies working to keep people safe.
- They urge everyone at the fair to be vigilant.
The Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office, who is in charge of security at the Tulsa State Fair, says they are aware of the mass shooting at a concert in Las Vegas.
They say they are having discussions in connection to the fair, but say they cannot discuss specific tactical details.
They say they have a full team of fair commanders who monitor intelligence that is not only coming in from Las Vegas, but also other sources.
The Tulsa State Fair hosts an outdoor concert on the Oklahoma Stage every night of the fair. The sheriff’s office says they have deputies staged in that area looking around for suspicious activity.
They also have a “Quick Response Team” stationed at the fair, so they can respond quickly if something were to happen.
Deputies say they hope for the best and plan for the worst.
They urge everyone to be vigilant while at the fair.
FOX23 told you last week when they arrested a teen who they say had a loaded gun and pointed it at people on the midway.
Deputies say people with a license can carry on the midway, but they would rather everyone leave their guns at home.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Who is Stephen Paddock
- How to check on loved ones after deadly Las Vegas shooting
- Tom Petty hospitalized for cardiac arrest
- Police arrested teen in robbery, rape, deadly shooting in south Tulsa
- Mandalay Bay shooting deadliest mass shooting in American history
© 2018 Cox Media Group.