SAND SPRINGS, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Parlour Hair and Ink Studio in Sand Springs will offer free tattoo cover-ups for any hate or gang-related tattoos until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
- The cover-ups are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Those who cannot have their tattoos covered up will be able to receive credit to cover them up at a later date.
A local tattoo shop is joining the fight to stop hate speech in the U.S.
Jamy Magee of the Parlour Hair & Ink studio in Sand Springs said he was fed up with hate and political battles on social media, so he decided to do something positive for his community.
He is offering free tattoo cover-ups for any hate or gang-related tattoos until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
He told FOX23 the offer is available on a first come, first served basis, but he is taking walk-ins.
He said his goal is to stop the hate in the 918.
To help decipher the gang tattoos, he has a member of law enforcement on-hand to determine if the tattoo is a gang tattoo.
Those who are unable to get their tattoos covered up Tuesday will be able to receive a coupon for a $60 credit to get gang-related tattoos covered up at a later date.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- George Strait, Beyonce, others to hold Hurricane Harvey relief concert
- Retired Tulsa firefighter promises 'surprise' for any returning thieves after burglary
- Realtor who vanished during Hurricane Harvey found slain, ex-husband charged
- Mayfield sorry for planting Oklahoma flag at Ohio State
- Man sues after reportedly waking up during eye surgery at Tulsa hospital
© 2018 Cox Media Group.