by: Ashli Lincoln Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Kenneth Hopkins is accused of killing Marshay Wesson in 2012.
- Hopkins' trial began Wednesday.
- FOX23 is in the courtroom.
A trial is underway for a man accused of killing his girlfriend in north Tulsa.
Kenneth Hopkins is charged with killing Marshay Wesson in 2012. He was indicted in February.
Wesson was found shot to death in her car in north Tulsa.
Testimonies from Wesson's friends suggest Hopkins killed Wesson because he didn't want another child. The couple already had one child together.
Trending on FOX23.com:
- Weekend ice and heavy rain potential
- Trump denounces 'disgrace' of reports of Russian ties to him
- Green Country gears up for ice storm
- Allegations of special needs abuse investigated
- Man fined $128 for warming up car in his own driveway
Added security measures were in the court room Wednesday.
Additional deputies were in and outside the court room, as well as a metal detector.
Everyone who enters the courtroom has to go through the metal detector and sign in.
The court said there are just precautionary measures because of possible gang ties involving members in the case.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Trial begins for man accused of killing north Tulsa girlfriend in 2012
Tulsa mother says daughter received birth control implant during…
Officials: No human remains found in car submerged in Verdigris River
Law enforcement gathers for SWAT competition in Tulsa
Police says 5 people died in London attack