FRESNO, Calif. - Police are asking for help identifying a woman who claimed to be a mermaid when she was found wandering in the middle of a street near Table Mountain in California.
Fresno police found the “Jane Doe” around 3:15 a.m. Tuesday on Millerton Road, about a mile south of the mountain.
The woman was mostly naked, wearing only a black sports bra and had wet hair. She told police she had been in the water.
Trending Now on FOX3.com
- More than 500,000 inhalers recalled by pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline
- Austin-based Torchy's Tacos announces midtown Tulsa location
- Tulsa Public Schools announces budget cut proposals
- Broken Arrow rape suspect allegedly tells 14-year-old victim 'age is only a number'
- Hammer-wielding robbers reportedly steal iPhones from Broken Arrow Walmart
Authorities said she at one point identified herself as “Joanna,” although it was not clear whether that is her name. She also told authorities that she is a mermaid, Fresno police said.
“She answers ‘I don’t know’ to most questions,” police said on a missing person flier.
Authorities estimated that the woman is between 16 and 30 years old. She is 5-foot-4 and 160 pounds with brown hair and eyes. Two of her toes are webbed on both of her feet.
Anyone with information on the woman’s identity can contact the Fresno Police Department Missing Persons Unit at 559-621-2455.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.