TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- At least 7 fires broke out in west Tulsa Wednesday night.
- Firefighters say fires broke out at an abandoned house and a church near 61st West Avenue and West Seventh Street after 9 p.m.
- Additional fires were reported, for a total of 5 buildings and 1 car; a seventh fire was reported in a dumpster
- Investigators believe the fires are the work of an arsonist.
- Download the FOX23 News app for breaking alerts to your mobile device
Officials are investigating a string of fires, believed to be arson, this week in Tulsa.
They’re trying to track down a person of interest after seven fires were started in the same west Tulsa neighborhood on Wednesday night.
It all happened at four vacant homes, one church, a car and a dumpster near 61st West Avenue and Charles Page Boulevard.
Two firefighters were injured while fighting back the flames.
FOX23 will continue to follow this story.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Deputies: Sapulpa teen likely killed in horseback riding accident
- Undercover narcotics police car stolen in downtown Tulsa
- Angler uses McDonald's Chicken McNugget to reel in record-setting bass
- Ohio pilot, wife died from powerful animal tranquilizer, cocaine mixture
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2017 Cox Media Group.