TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Tulsa police dispatch confirmed that one person was shot during a traffic stop Friday.
- It happened near 36th Street North and Lewis.
- Police said officers found a car blocking the road and went to see what was going on.
- A man then approached them, allegedly reached into the vehicle and did not obey commands.
- Officials said an officer shot a suspect. Another one deployed a Taser.
- The suspect was taken to the hospital. He died at the hospital.
- The suspect is identified as 40-year-old Terence Crutcher.
- The officers involved were identified as Tyler Turnbough and Betty Shelby.
- Police said Turnbough deployed the Taser and Shelby shot her gun.
- TPD announced a press conference will be held in reference to the shooting on Monday, September 19th at 1:30 p.m.
FOX23's Hector Mejia arrived on scene shortly after the call came out:
He also caught this video of an ambulance leaving:
Tulsa police gave FOX23 an update to the investigation during FOX23 News at 9:
- St. Francis information hacked, held ransom
- “Violent and scary” home invasion investigated in north Tulsa
- Tulsans respond to deadly officer-involved shooting
- Family of man killed in officer-involved shooting calls for charges against officer
- Summertime heat before a cool down
© 2017 Cox Media Group.