TAHLEQUAH, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- A suspect involved in a deadly police chase in Tahlequah is now charged with first degree murder
- Records say Malinda Phillips died after Aram Catron hit her with his car during a chase on January 26
- An investigation found the deputy involved in the chase acted safely and with restraint
- The Wagoner County District Attorney's Office and Tahlequah police confirmed Catron was arrested Feb. 16 in Noel, Missouri. He was picked up by U.S. Marshals.
- FOX23 reached out to Phillips' family. Her husband provided the following statement: "I'm glad he got caught to get what he deserves, death penalty hopefully."
Trending Now on FOX23
- Puppy rescued from freezing weather
- Download the FOX23 News app for breaking news and weather alerts on your device
- Changes to SNAP? Here's a look at the proposal
- LIKE us on Facebook? Get unique content on the social site
- Man arrested after 45 minute chase in Tulsa
© 2018 Cox Media Group.