DEWEY COUNTY, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- The third person believed to have helped Michael Vance while he was on the run is in custody
- Reginald Moore was booked into the Oklahoma County Jail at 3:11 a.m. Tuesday
- A law enforcement source confirmed to FOX23 that Michael Vance was shot and killed in western Oklahoma Sunday night after a week long manhunt
- RELATED: Michael Vance Manhunt
- Vance was wanted for allegedly shooting two police officers last week near Wellston and allegedly killing his aunt and uncle.
- OHP confirms a caller reported seeing a car matching the Michael Vance description covered in brush on some land near Hammon.
- Bloody rags and a suspected campsite were found nearby. The car was gone by the time law enforcement arrived.
- SEE MORE: Photos of Vance's campsite
- Officials confirmed the Dewey County sheriff was shot Sunday night during the search for Michael Vance. Sheriff Clay Sander will be ok
A third person accused of helping a suspected killer while he was on the run is in jail.
Reginald Moore was booked into the Oklahoma County jail around 3 a.m. Tuesday. Moore and Danny Roach and April Harden are all suspected of helping Vance during his time on the run. All three are now in custody.
Michael Vance died in a shootout with state troopers Sunday night after a week-long manhunt across Oklahoma.
Vance was wanted for allegedly shooting two police officers near Wellston Oct. 23. Officials later found Vance’s aunt and uncle, Kay and Ronald Wilkson, dead in their home near Luther. He is a suspect in their death.
Law enforcement said Vance also stole cars from Jonathan Chouinard and Jaime Harney in Wellston, shooting Hollie Ahearn during a carjacking there, as well as Randy Frost during another carjacking attempt in Sayre. He is also accused of stealing a truck from an unnamed farmer near Leedy.
Police, along with the FBI, U.S. Marshals Service and multiple state and county agencies spent the last week searching for Vance.
Someone reported seeing a car matching the one Vance was believed to have been driving covered with brush near Hammon in western Oklahoma. The car was gone by the time officers arrived, but bloody rags and an apparent campsite were found near the scene.
A perimeter was setup around the area and later Sunday night, officials confirmed the Dewey County sheriff was shot in the shoulder and elbow during the search for Vance when he stopped the suspect in a white truck. The sheriff’s family said he was up and talking in the hospital.
A law enforcement source then confirmed to FOX23 that Vance was shot and killed during the search.
A second suspect, Danny Roach, was arrested in connection to the incident. He is being held without bond. Roach is accused of coming into contact with Vance after the Luther homicides.
Officials said Roach admitted he was aware of Vance's alleged actions, including a shootout with law enforcement and the homicides, at the time. They said Roach gave Vance ammunition for an AK-47 and bandaged him. He also allegedly gave Vance a different AK-47 to give him a tactical advantage.
Officials said they issued an arrest warrant for Reginald Moore and April Marie Harden in connection to the case.
Moore, pictured below, allegedly owned the gun Roach reportedly gave to Vance, approving of the exchange, and bought pliers used in an attempt to remove a bullet from Vance.
Harden was reportedly living with Roach at the time of the incident. Records show she is accused of helping bandage Vance. She was taken into custody Monday.
TRENDING ON FOX23
- Waterline break shoots water into the sky in east Tulsa
- Third person accused of helping a suspected killer on the run
- Green Country approaches record temps
- Owner says he had no idea his truck was stolen when killer allegedly took it
- FOX23 Investigation into egg donation risks
© 2017 Cox Media Group.