SKIATOOK, Okla. - A Skiatook family is looking for answers after someone shot their dog.
The Clemmons family said that strong winds last week knocked their backyard gate off its hinges and their 12-year-old dog, Daisy, got out. When she came home that night, she was limping and covered in blood, family members said.
After going to the vet, it was determined that Daisy had been shot. Doctors first warned that the injuries could be deadly, but Daisy pulled through.
Whoever the shooter is, the family wants that person to know how much Daisy means to them. They aren't interested in pressing charges, but do want to know who is responsible and why.
- Largest venomous snake in U.S. spotted swimming in waters off Florida Keys
- ‘Little Jacob' case: Police release graphic photo of boy found dead on beach
- Michelle Obama reveals what Melania Trump gave her on Inauguration Day
- Lowe's handing out $1,000 bonuses, expanding parental leave
- Sign up for FOX23 Newsletters for new stories sent directly to you.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.