Senator James Lankford (R-OK) released his "Federal Fumbles" list for 2017.
The report outlines what he says is nearly $500 billion dollars in wasteful spending.
Lankford says he also includes solutions to each of the examples of government waste.
View the full report here.
“During 2017, we’ve worked to roll back wasteful spending and a number of harmful and burdensome regulations from the two previous Federal Fumbles reports,” said Lankford. “The outrageous federal deficit remains too high. Unfortunately, Washington, DC seems to be distracted and the deficit has started increasing again. Our $20 trillion national debt will continue to increase until we implement spending cuts, government reforms, and create a healthy economy. This Federal Fumbles report provides commonsense examples of ways to limit our spending and fix government inefficiency. Every American should have access to how their tax dollars are spent. Congress should pass my Taxpayers Right to Know Act to give each American the opportunity to see how their hard-earned tax dollars are spent.”
- 1 dead in car surfing accident in Oklahoma
- Suspect walks into Tulsa apartment, demands Playstation at gunpoint
- Woman stabbed by purse theft suspect outside Tulsa Target
- Cyber Monday Deal: FOX23 apps to make your life easier
- FOX23 on Facebook: Top news and trending stories in your timeline
© 2018 Cox Media Group.