by: Phil Price Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Measurable rain fell in Tulsa on Christmas just five times since 1950. The most recent happened in 2006-- a scant 0.02".
- Christmas Day 1987 holds the record for most precipitation record on Christmas Day at 1.29". Much of that fell in the form of a cold rain or freezing rain.
- Snow on Christmas Day? Surprisingly Tulsa has the same number as measurable rain: five.
- The most snow fell in Tulsa on Christmas in 1975 with is 1.3".
- As for thunderstorms? Weather records dating back to 1950 don't show a report of any on Christmas.
- Tulsa does have some warm Christmases on record-- five Christmas Days with temperatures in the 70's. The record high is 73° in 1971.
- Will Christmas 2016 continue the streak of 60° days? Both 2014 & 2015 managed to reach the 60° mark.
- The coldest? Christmas 1983 saw the high reach just 12° after a morning low of -2°. Both records
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 Weather app to get alerts to be in the know on what to expect this holiday season.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.