SAND SPRINGS, Okla. - The Sand Springs Police Department is using stickers in what they say is a new effort to fight auto theft.
The program allows drivers who won’t typically use their vehicles between the hours of 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. to put special stickers on their vehicles.
Officers who see the stickers out on the road can then pull over the stickered vehicle to make sure that whoever is driving it has permission to do so.
Those who want stickers can pick them up at the Sand Springs Police Department. They are free to the public.
Police officials said the money for the stickers came out of their crime prevention budget.
Trending Now on FOX23
- Puppy rescued from freezing weather
- Download the FOX23 News app for breaking news and weather alerts on your device
- Changes to SNAP? Here's a look at the proposal
- LIKE us on Facebook? Get unique content on the social site
- Man arrested after 45 minute chase in Tulsa
© 2018 Cox Media Group.