SAND SPRINGS, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Lightning reportedly caused a barn to go up in flames in Sand Springs Sunday morning.
- Keystone firefighters say the fire started near 68th Street and 209th West Avenue around 7:30 a.m.
- They say responding firefighters heard the lightning bold that started the fire and responded within two minutes.
- They say the wooden barn was burned to the ground by the time they arrived.
- Firefighters believe lightning hit a tree limb, and the limb subsequently came down on the barn.
- Officials say the fire house is only four miles away from where the fire started.
- A man built the barn years ago to house chickens.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Michelle Carter guilty of involuntary manslaughter in boyfriend's suicide
- Body found behind Tulsa County jail
- French fries, other fried potatoes could lead to early death, research suggests
- 7 things to know about the rare total solar eclipse crossing the nation this August
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.