BROKEN ARROW, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- A new mixed-use building is planned from Broken Arrow's Rose District.
- It will be located on the site formerly occupied by a church.
- The will be space for retail, restaurants and apartments.
Plans are underway for new development in Broken Arrow's Rose District.
The city bought the site of an old church last year and demolished it to make room for new businesses.
According to city documents, a construction company is planning to build a four-story, mixed-use building at the north end of Main Street.
The first floor will be reserved for retails, restaurants and office space while the remaining floors will have one- and two-bedroom apartment units.
City leaders said the project is expected to bring $150,000 in sales tax each year.
City councilors will vote this week on transferring the property over to the Broken Arrow Economic Development Authority to get the project started.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Colorado official: 'Marijuana is gateway drug to homicide'
- Target is ending its rewards program next month
- Snapchat video shows children using Taser on kitten in Florida
- Chris Christie says his children were hurt by ‘Beachgate' incident
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2017 Cox Media Group.