- The Tulsa Health Department, with support from city council and the mayor, is starting an initiative to ban smoking and all tobacco products on any Tulsa City Park property
- THD says a tobacco ban at parks would help Tulsa qualify for a healthy community certification that could lead to $275,000 in grant money for any healthy living program
- THD says the ban would create a better environment at parks
- Bixby, Owasso, Sand Springs, and Collinsville already have similar bans
- City Council would have to pass the ban as an amendment to the Tulsa's city charter.
Top Stories on FOX23.com
THD says it's working with council now on creating a ban, and hopes to have something in place by the fall.
- Two dead after Muskogee County fire
- Tulsa police seek owners of unclaimed items after most wanted arrest
- Prince's estate halts release of new EP, 'Deliverance,' report says
- Licensed wildlife rehabilitator avoids fines after reportedly moving baby birds from busy Tulsa lot
- Richard Simmons has message for his fans
© 2018 Cox Media Group.