TULSA, okla. - Quick Facts:
- Multiple cars crashed on the Broken Arrow Expressway near Highway 169
- Westbound lanes are closed while first responders work
- Police dispatchers say someone possibly died at the scene
- FOX23 confirmed 1 person died on the scene; they identified him as Michael Goad, 52
One person died and several went to the hospital Monday in a crash that closed part of an east Tulsa highway.
First responders got to the scene around 5:45 on westbound lanes of the Broken Arrow Expressway near Highway 169.
FOX23 News sent an alert when the road closed.
They found several cars involved, each with "very significant damage" according to those on scene .
Witnesses said it was pitch black outside; they saw one car swerve, hitting at least four other cars.
FOX23 learned a minivan was trying to get off the BA when another driving merging onto the highway crashed into it. The minivan spun out, hitting a barrier and stopping in the middle of the road.
Another driver stopped after seeing the crash; the driver was Michael Goad. His car was hit by another in a chain reaction.
Goad died at the scene.
Debris scattered across the highway, reportedly causing some drivers to have blowouts.
Download the FOX23 News app for breaking developments in this story
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Weekend earthquakes shake Green Country
- Get breaking news alerts on your mobile device- download the FOX23 News app for FREE
- Police investigate after shooting victim arrives to midtown Tulsa hospital
- Trio accused of stealing nearly everything from Tulsa hotel room
- Tiffany Haddish makes Oscars fashion moment with used dress
© 2018 Cox Media Group.