TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Police said a woman was sexually assaulted at a Tulsa tire shop.
- She brought her car in for a tire change and an employee allegedly assaulted her.
- Police said the suspect eventually admitted to grabbing the woman.
- WATCH FOX23 Sara Whaley's full report above.
An employee at a Tulsa tire shop was arrested on accusations of sexually assaulting a customer.
Officials said Carlos Manciel inappropriately touched a customer at Chalo’s Tires near 51st and Union.
The alleged victim told police that she went to the store for a tire change and Manciel asked her to go into the back with him to pick one out.
While they were in the back of the store, the woman said Manciel proceeded to touch her and tell her the tire would be free if she went further with him.
The woman said that when she refused, Manciel reportedly tried to force her into the back of the shop. She shoved him away and went to the front of the store.
However, she couldn’t leave because the tire was off her car. She waited for it to be changed and then went to a nearby convenience store for help.
Police looked at surveillance video of the suspect and victim walking to the back of the shop, but said there are no cameras where the alleged assault happened.
According to the police report, Manciel eventually admitted to detectives that he grabbed the woman.
The shop’s manager was not there at the time, but said he is horrified by the incident and fired Manciel.
Manciel is now on hold for Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Bridal retailer Alfred Angelo's corporate office empties amid closure talk
- Suspected thief puts on mask after being caught on camera at Tulsa T-Mobile store
- NOAA forecasters use experimental model to predict Oklahoma tornado hours before formation
- Man arrested after allegedly trying to sell stolen oil well equipment to undercover officer
- Bristow meth bust leads to distribution charges against at least 13 people
© 2017 Cox Media Group.