TULSA, Okla. - A woman brought to a hospital by her husband around 5 a.m. Saturday after being beaten with an object died less than an hour later, Tulsa police said.
The woman's husband, Derrick Stith, falsely told officers his wife, 22-year-old Kimberly Vo, had come home beaten and said she had been robbed, according to police.
Officials investigated the claim and determined that Stith lied, police said.
After serving a search warrant at the couple's home, investigators said they found evidence that the beating happened inside their apartment. Police said neighbors also reported hearing a disturbance around 3 a.m.
They say the couple had a one-year-old child that was home during the alleged beating that led to Vo's death.
Police said Stith will be arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder.
NOTE: Domestic Violence Intervention Services is available to help those in need. If you are experiencing domestic violence or want to help someone who is, call 918-7HELP-ME (918-743-5763).
- Restaurant employee helps disabled veteran with his meal
- ‘Secret Santa' foots $10K in layaway bills at New Jersey Toys R Us
- Trump tweets he 'took a pass' at being named Time's person of the year
- Police: Tulsa woman killed in overnight beating
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 News Facebook page
Cyber Monday - By the Numbers
© 2018 Cox Media Group.