by: Sara Whaley Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Tulsa police said the city is on track to break another homicide record this year if violence doesn't slow down.
- FOX23 confirmed there have been 8 homicides just in June. Five of them happened in the last week.
- There have been 39 homicides in 2017 as of June 16. Tulsa broke the record at the end of last year with 82.
- WATCH FOX23 Sara Whaley's full report above.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Michelle Carter guilty of involuntary manslaughter in boyfriend's suicide
- Body found behind Tulsa County jail
- French fries, other fried potatoes could lead to early death, research suggests
- 7 things to know about the rare total solar eclipse crossing the nation this August
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Police: Tulsa could break homicide record if violence doesn't slow down
One person is dead after a hit and run
Police: Tulsa children found barricaded in rooms by rope, boards
Surveillance video shows suspected thieves in Catoosa business
Police arrest two accused of robbing Tulsa man with special needs