BROKEN ARROW, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Police say someone broke into a Broken Arrow home and stole a car Sunday night.
- They say someone did the same thing at a nearby home hours later.
- Both incidents are under investigation.
Broken Arrow police are investigating two similar home break-ins and car thefts in the same neighborhood.
Police say Sunday night, someone entered a home on the 700 block of West Vandever and took off with the victim’s car.
They say the suspect got into the house by opening an unlocked car door and using the garage door opener inside to get into the house before stealing the victim’s purse and the keys to the car, which they also stole.
The second incident happened hours later on the 2900 block of South Ash Court.
Police say the suspect passed through an unlocked back yard gate, unlocked a side door and then, unlocked an inner door.
Inside, they reportedly found the victim’s purse with car keys in it and then, stole the car.
Police say the stolen car from the first burglary was recovered, and officers found the empty purse and keys from the second burglary in that car.
Police are still searching for the stolen truck, which they say belongs to a retired veteran.
The victim told FOX23 he’s being extra cautious now, and he has changed the locks to his home. He hopes he can somehow get his truck back. It’s a grey 2006 Ford F-150 with Oklahoma tag HPR-595.
- 'I did it to kill people,' 10-year-old allegedly tells police after driving truck through home
- Sen. James Lankford releases 'Federal Fumbles' list for 2017
- Spend your time wisely- Get the FOX23 News and Weather apps!
- 4-year-old served alcoholic milk shake, mother furious at restaurant
- Join the conversation about news that matters to YOU- FOX23 News on Facebook
© 2018 Cox Media Group.