OKMULGEE, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Boulder police said a body found in Okmulgee on Wednesday is tentatively identified as a missing Colorado woman
- Boulder police believe Adam Densmore killed Ashley Mead in Boulder, Colorado, and partially dismembered her body outside Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Okmulgee police say an employee at a gas station found human remains in a dumpster near the local Walmart Wednesday.They believe the remains belong to an adult female.
- FOX23 found a man was arrested in Okmulgee County Wednesday after he, a baby and a woman disappeared from Boulder, Colorado.
- Densmore, was served a warrant for the missing woman's death on Thursday
Boulder police say a man accused of killing a missing woman may have dismembered her body and left remains in multiple states.
Adam Densmore is accused of the murder of Ashley Mead. Boulder police said remains found Wednesday in Okmulgee have been tentatively identified as Mead's.
Officials arrived near the Walmart in Okmulgee after 2 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. Neighboring businesses and onlookers said they believe a body was found near the Murphy's station.
Police later confirmed a gas station employee did find what appeared to be the remains of an adult woman.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Senate on track to confirm Scott Pruitt as EPA administrator
- Tulsa police: Man accusing officer of harassment on 'Live PD' could have just walked away
- Parents claim children who took MiraLAX developed 'neuropsychiatric problems'
- Officials work to identify human remains found in Okmulgee dumpster
- Special meeting called to discuss the future of Helmerich Park
FOX23 learned that Adam Densmore, 32, was arrested in Okmulgee County 1:15 p.m. Wednesday after he, his one-year-old daughter and the infant's mother, Ashley Mead, were reported missing from Boulder, Colorado,Tuesday.
Oklahoma officials said they found Densmore and the child, but they did not locate Mead, 25. Densmore was wanted by police for a custody violation.
On Thursday Boulder Police Department confirmed Densmore was served a first-degree murder warrant in Mead's death.
The child is in child protective services' custody.
Boulder police released information that they believe Desnmore killed Mead in Boulder and dismembered her body in Louisiana. They believe there could be remains in multiple states.
Specifically they want people to be on the lookout for a purple suitcase. They said: "Densmore's exact travel route between Feb. 12 through Feb. 15 is still under investigation. Detectives currently believe that on the evening of Feb. 12, Densmore left Boulder, CO and traveled south to Raton, New Mexico. He then continued south and east through the Texas panhandle before arriving in Haughton, Louisiana on the evening of Feb. 13. On the morning of Feb. 14, Densmore drove to Conway, Arkansas where he spent the night. On the morning of Feb. 15, he left Conway, Arkansas and stopped in Okmulgee, Oklahoma before being located and arrested just west of Tulsa, Oklahoma at approximately 1:30 p.m."
WATCH: Police held a news conference Wednesday to discuss the find
© 2017 Cox Media Group.