by: Hector Mejia Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Police are searching for an alleged shooter in south Tulsa.
- Two people were shot.
- One of those people died, police identified the victim as Shimon R. Jones
Police are investigating a shooting in south Tulsa.
Officers said the shooting happened at the Savanna Landing Apartments near 61st and Peoria.
Two people were shot. Officers said a 41-year-old man was shot and left at the apartments, while a 32-year-old victim was taken taken in a private car until EMSA met the car to take the victim to the hospital.
Shimon R. Jones, 41, was hospitalized but died of his injuries. The second victim is expected to survive.
Investigators said a fight between two groups led to gunshots after 4 p.m. Wednesday.
They said the intended target ran from the scene, and the two victims were friends of that individual.
Police are searching for the shooter. The believe he was involved with a group of people that have not been located.
Police named Markees Johnson as a person of interest. He is a black male, 26 years old, 6'01" tall, 195 pounds.
Officers said he is known in the Savanna Landing area, and several witnesses identified him as the shooter.
They said he had a complete disregard for innocent bystanders, as he fired at least 10 gunshots in an area filled with children.
Courts show a jury convicted Johnson for robbery in 2008. He served nearly five years on the seven year sentence.
The death of the 41-year-old victim marks Tulsa's 64th homicide in 2016.
- Deadly new opioid found in Oklahoma
- Police search for suspect in south Tulsa double shooting
- Thursday night lights: High School Football Tonight
- Third Presidential Debate: What you missed
- Rain moves out, cooler air moves in
© 2017 Cox Media Group.