TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Tulsa police said Johnny Reed was hit by a car during a chase Thursday afternoon.
- It happened I-44 and Garnett on Feb. 1st.
- Body camera footage of the incident was released on Feb. 21st.
- EMSA confirmed one person was pronounced dead at the scene.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
A man is dead after police say he tried to run from them across eight lanes of highway traffic.
The chase started the afternoon of February 1st at the Garnett Inn. Police did a warrant sweep and found the man, allegedly with marijuana on him.
Police tried to arrest him, but he ran outside and onto I-44 near Garnett. He made it across the westbound lanes and was struck by a car driving in the eastbound lanes.
Police identified him as Johnny Reed.
- Largest venomous snake in U.S. spotted swimming in waters off Florida Keys
- ‘Little Jacob' case: Police release graphic photo of boy found dead on beach
- Michelle Obama reveals what Melania Trump gave her on Inauguration Day
- Lowe's handing out $1,000 bonuses, expanding parental leave
- Sign up for FOX23 Newsletters for new stories sent directly to you.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.