TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- UPDATE: The baby died Wednesday; Hadithy's charges will be upgraded
- Police arrested Ezekiel Hadithy on complaints of child abuse by injury and child neglect
- Officers responded to the Quality Inn late Monday night
- Police initially believed a child fell off a bed
- Early Tuesday morning, officers arrested Hadithy
- He remains jailed on $100,000 bond
A Tulsa man went to jail, accused of hurting cortically injuring a 9-month-old late Monday night.
Medics responded to the Quality Inn just after 11 p.m., where they found the baby, who had allegedly fallen off a bed and was in cardiac arrest.
Doctors at the hospital said the baby was brain dead, and had injuries so traumatic, they were consistent with a child ejected from a car or falling from a second to third story window on to concrete. The doctors insisted the injuries were not consistent with falling off a bed.
Ezekiel Hadithy allegedly told police at first that he left the baby and the baby's mother sleeping in the bed to do laundry, finding the child face down when he returned.
He later allegedly told police that he took the baby to the laundry room with him, and dropped the child on the floor.
Police said he took the baby back to the room, woke the mother and told her he found the baby in that condition.
Police arrested Hadithy on complaints of child abuse by injury and child neglect.
The baby died Wednesday after being on life support. Hadithy's charges will be upgraded.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- George Strait, Beyonce, others to hold Hurricane Harvey relief concert
- Retired Tulsa firefighter promises 'surprise' for any returning thieves after burglary
- Realtor who vanished during Hurricane Harvey found slain, ex-husband charged
- Mayfield sorry for planting Oklahoma flag at Ohio State
- Man sues after reportedly waking up during eye surgery at Tulsa hospital
© 2017 Cox Media Group.