PAWHUSKA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- An investigation continues into a gas purge located near a Pawhuska Public Schools building.
- A gas purge takes place when an agency works to clear a gas conduit of air or gas.
- Federal and state agencies say they are working to plug impacted geothermal wells in the area that are leaking methane.
- The first day of school in Pawhuska was slated for last Thursday.
- Gov. Mary Fallin declared a state of emergency there Monday.
- She said state agencies may make emergency acquisitions in order to ensure the public's "peace, health and safety."
- School remain closed through Friday, August 25.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- If you've gotten a robocall about a free cruise, you could get $900
- Tulsa Uber driver accused of raping client
- Baltimore removes Confederate statues
- Pit bulls recovering after protecting children from copperhead snake
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.