- Some parents with felony convictions want to be allowed to volunteer in their kids schools.
- Right now, in Oklahoma City anyone who has a felony conviction or deferred sentence on a felony cannot be a volunteer in the schools.
- Oklahoma City Public School Board members want to change that and allow those parents to volunteer with some restrictions.
- Anyone with a misdemeanor conviction of deferred sentence that involves dishonesty, fraud, drug, or alcohol offenses will require some additional district review.
- Board members think the policy will pass.
- They will vote on July 24th.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.