Panera Bread issued a recall of all cream cheese products from its US bakery cafes over fears of listeria contamination.
The chain said the recall was out of "an abundance of caution" after samples of one product form a single production day showed positive for Listeria monocytogenes bacteria. Exposure to the bacteria can cause fever and diarrhea, with particularly dangerous symptoms for pregnant women and unborn children.
Products recalled have an expiration date on or before April 2, 2018.
The recall includes all 2 oz and 8oz cream cheese products.
The associated facility stopped production as well.
According to the CDC, around 1,600 become infected with listeria each year, killing about 260.
Consumers in possession of these products should discard them immediately and contact Panera Bread Customer Service at 1-855-6-PANERA from Monday through Sunday, 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM. CST, or visit Panera.custhelp.com for a full refund.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- 8-year-old blasts teacher for 'lying' about Christopher Columbus in viral journal post
- Man arrested after bullets hit Tulsa home
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
- Clinton, Cabello and Monae provide Grammys political moments
- Breaking alerts straight to your mobile device- FREE DOWNLOAD here
© 2018 Cox Media Group.