TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Data shows Oklahoma listed in the top 10 most sexually diseased states.
- The Sooner State was ranked eighth in 2016.
- It has since fallen two places.
New data shows that Oklahoma is ranked in the top 10 most sexually diseased states for 2017.
Data from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) compiled by BackgroundChecks.Org shows the rate of chlamydia and gonorrhea per 100,000 residents for each state.
Oklahoma was ranked 10, behind states like Delaware and Arkansas.
Alaska was ranked first for the highest rate of sexually-transmitted disease, while Vermont rounded out the bottom of the list.
The Sooner State fell two spots from eighth place in 2016.
The data comes just weeks after the CDC announced that cases of sexually-transmitted disease were at their highest in the U.S.
Here are the top 10 most sexually diseased states:
5. New Mexico
6. North Carolina
7. South Carolina
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- DHS announces nearly $70 million in budget cuts, impacts day care subsidies and seniors
- Legendary musician Fats Domino dies at 89
- Are these the 31 most haunted places in America?
- Judge grants Betty Shelby request for expunged records following acquittal
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2017 Cox Media Group.