PITTSBURG CO., Okla. - Quick Facts:
- An oil field explosion happened just after noon Thursday
- Oklahoma Highway Patrol initially reported multiple injuries
- One person was taken to the hospital
- The well site is about 4 miles west of Quinton & SH31
- The highway closed at Holt Road, west of Blocker while crews responded, it re-opened around 1:30
- Pittsburg County Emergency Manager Kevin Enlow says 3 gas wells caught fire
- FOX23 sent a reporter to the scene, check this story for updates
- Download the free FOX23 News app HERE to get breaking alerts to this story
Emergency crews are on the scene of an explosion at an oil field in Pittsburg County.
One person injured in the explosion is being treated in Tulsa. A life flight helicopter brought the patient to the hospital. No other injuries are reported.
Emergency management officials told FOX23 there are three gas wells burning at the site and operators are on site. They are keeping the fire contained to low pressure. They are working on a plan to put the fires out.
The gas well is owned by Trinity Operating. The company released a statement Thursday afternoon:
Earlier today, an incident occurred at a gas well owned by Trinity Operating, located in Quinton, OK resulting in a fire at the well. One employee was injured and has been transported to a hospital in Tulsa. We followed established safety protocols and the fire was extinguished. Nothing is more important than the safety of our employees and the safe operation of our facilities. An investigation to determine what happened is already underway.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Parents claim children who took MiraLAX developed 'neuropsychiatric problems'
- 'Day Without Immigrants' protests being held across US
- Search underway in east Tulsa for second victim after suspects reportedly throw teen in creek
- Investigators work to determine if Okmulgee remains belong to missing Boulder, Colorado, woman
- FOX23 INVESTIGATION: Man thinks soil from childhood home poisoned him
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
One injured in oil field explosion in Pittsburg County
Officer reportedly tackles OU quarterback Baker Mayfield during…
Bartlesville resident files lawsuit to stop development, citing river pollution
Golden Apple Award winner enjoys seeing some students for a second year
Police investigate after south Tulsa pharmacy robbery