TULSA, Okla. - OG&E crews from Green Country are working to help restore power in Puerto Rico.
On February 8, a second wave of 50 OG&E line crew members traveled to Puerto Rico to relieve the first wave of crew members who had been on the island since January 20.
The crews are working to rebuild after Hurricane Maria caused devastating damage there.
FOX23 talked to Storm Lead Terry Garrett, who said they are working in the mountain region of Arecibo, where terrain impacts their work.
Crew members said they have been touched by the gratitude they have received from the families who live there.
Trending Now on FOX23
- Solar storm on track for Earth after solar flares erupt on sun, NASA warns
- Trending stories and breaking news with FOX23 News on Facebook
- Three face federal charges in connection to Pryor woman's overdose death
- School under fire for rule telling students they can't say 'no' when asked to dance
- Restaurant accused of serving man 17 shots before deadly Interstate crash
© 2018 Cox Media Group.