by: Preston Jones Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Community partners revealed the Community Health Improvement Plan
- A cornerstone includes better health services access and education
- Other areas include access to safe housing, transportation and food
- Nutritional education is included as well
- Partnerships and grants will fund the plan
The plan identifies some of the biggest problems in Tulsa County:
- 13% do not have health care coverage
- 16% live in poverty
- 27% spend more than 1/3 of their income on housing
- 65% are overweight or obses
On average, people in South Tulsa live 11 years longer than people in North Tulsa.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.