TULSA, Okla. - A new community center is coming to Tulsa.
The Northwest Tulsa Hub will open where the Warehouse Market used to be on South 49th Avenue West. A non-profit organization called The Common Good Tulsa purchased the building.
The organization is working to revitalize northwest Tulsa. Executive Director Derk Madden said the 46,000 square foot space will be split into a grocery store, medical clinic and community center.
The community center will be the first of its kind in the area, according to Madden. Common Good Tulsa is working with several community partners and offering incentives to bring a grocery store to the building.
Organizers plan to open the building this fall.
- 3 children found living in plywood box, parents arrested
- Bus-size asteroid to pass within 70,000 miles of Earth Friday, closer than moon
- Police: Ax-wielding woman climbs school fence, threatens to ‘kill everyone'
- Worm moon 2018: What to know about the full ‘worm' moon
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox
© 2018 Cox Media Group.