|Updated: 5/13/2013 11:42 am
||Published: 5/13/2013 11:36 am
CLEVELAND — An imposing, 10-foot privacy fence has been erected around the home of a Cleveland rape and kidnapping suspect charged with holding three women captive for about a decade.
The wall went up over the weekend, and authorities said the home of suspect Ariel Castro -- where the windows had been blocked off from the inside -- has been boarded up.
The run-down house has become a two-story piece of evidence in the abduction and imprisonment case of the three women, who were discovered and rescued a week ago Monday. The women, who disappeared between 2002 and 2004, had allegedly been held at the home against their will -- bound by ropes and chains, repeatedly assaulted and sexually abused, police said.
All three women were rescued largely in good condition, evaluated at the hospital and released to their families.
Castro faces numerous kidnapping, assault and rape charges. He is the sole suspect so far in the case, authorities said.
A councilman said threats to burn down Castro's house have been circulating on city streets for days.
©2013 Inergize Digital and the Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.