by: Nina Carter Updated:
MUSKOGEE, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Police arrested Zack Perry on child pornography complaints
- Perry allegedly asked a woman for photographs of her child
- Officers arrested Perry on Thursday
- Investigators warn parents about social media and apps that make child porn easier to distribute and solicit
A Muskogee firefighter went to jail on complaints related to child pornography Thursday.
Investigators say a woman contacted the Muskogee County Sheriff’s Office after Zack Perry allegedly asked her for photos of her daughter.
The sheriff’s department joined Muskogee police to investigate; they used the messages between Perry and the woman to get an arrest warrant and a search warrant for his electronic devices.
They arrested Perry last week on complaints of publication and distribution of child pornography.
FOX23 confirmed that Perry is a firefighter at the Muskogee Fire Department. Fire chief Mike O'Dell said Perry was placed on administrative leave with pay pending further investigation.
Beyond that, he said he knows as much as the public does about the case, and that it all happened fast.
Perry joined the department in 2014.
Investigators say they are continuing work on the case.
Meanwhile, they warn parents to be aware of what their children are doing on electronic devices.
“While in this situation the suspect was not directly contacting a child,” Officer Lincoln Anderson said, “The probability of that occurring is extremely high.”
“Our concern at the Muskogee Police Department is the ever increasing availability of apps and social media chat rooms that are being used by perpetrators to distribute or solicit child pornography,” he said.
Trending on FOX23.com:
- Police cruiser stolen during carjacking investigation
- Crash, possible abduction investigated in Tulsa
- Two taken to hospital after east Tulsa shooting
- Fort Lauderdale airport shooter charged, could face death penalty
- WATCH: Meryl Streep calls out Trump
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Muskogee firefighter allegedly asks woman for photos of child
Police investigate crash involving a pedestrian in south Tulsa
OSBI prints cold cases on playing cards, sells them to inmates
Tanker truck rollover closes lanes of Creek Turnpike in Jenks
South Tulsa homeowner says thief spent nearly an hour stealing from her home