DETROIT (AP)- Mercedes is recalling about 354,000 cars and SUVs in the U.S. because a starter part can overheat and cause a fire.
The recall covers certain C-Class, E-Class and CLA cars and GLA and GLC SUVs, all from 2015 through 2017.
The German automaker says that if for some reason the engine and transmission won't turn over, a current limiter in the starter motor can overheat from repeated attempts to start the vehicles.
Dealers will install a fuse to correct the problem.
Trending now on FOX23.com
- As governor, Vice President Mike Pence used a private email account to conduct state business
- Man attempts to snatch baby from mother's arms at Walmart
- Gov. Fallin signs Oklahoma REAL ID bill
- Drunken driver's mom jailed for laughing as fatal crash victim's family speaks in court
- Stolen car possibly in armed robbery chased, several detained
© 2018 Cox Media Group.