TULSA, Okla. - A man is dead after the car he was sleeping in caught fire.
Firefighters said a homeless person was sleeping inside a vehicle on a lot of an auto repair shop near Admiral and I-244 around 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning when the car caught fire.
They believe the man was using a space heater to heat the Ford Bronco.
When fire crews arrived at the scene, they reportedly found two vehicles fully engulfed in flames.
They said they didn't know someone was in the burning vehicles until someone on the property alerted them.
They said that the owner had given the victim permission to sleep in the vehicle.
Crews at the scene said the victim was unrecognizable.
- Sam's Club abruptly closes locations across the country
- U.S. issues ‘do not travel' advisory for 5 states in Mexico
- Killer herpes from Florida monkeys could pass to humans, scientists warn
- Arrests of nearly 70 people at party 'incredible waste of resources,' legal analyst says
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.