by: Sara Whaley Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Police arrested a man near the QuikTrip at 51st and Harvard.
- The man reportedly took an officer hostage in his unmarked car.
- He allegedly demanded the officer surrender the car; he was believed to be on PCP
A man is in police custody after a man reportedly took an officer hostage.
Police said an officer was in an unmarked vehicle at the QuikTrip near 51st and Harvard when he saw a man pacing behind his car.
Investigators said the man jumped in the car and demanded the officer to "take him."
Trending on FOX23.com:
- Police cruiser stolen during carjacking investigation
- Crash, possible abduction investigated in Tulsa
- Two taken to hospital after east Tulsa shooting
- Fort Lauderdale airport shooter charged, could face death penalty
- WATCH: Meryl Streep calls out Trump
The officer then called for backup, and county deputies and city officers swarmed in.
They evacuated the QuikTrip during the incident.
Police were able to get the man out of the car and into custody.
They now believe he was on PCP.
Anthony Haley was booked on $250,000 bond for robbery by force or fear and obstructing justice complaints after felony convictions.
Jan. 3, failure to pay warrants were issued related to convictions ranging from 2005-2009.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.